Association, Participation, Innovation
The API of tomorrow starts with envisioning a better today!
Association – Community Empowerment & Diversity
- Let us never stop being the backbone where innovative entrepreneurs and organizations find a voice.
- Develop an affiliate network of NY Meetups that embody the spirit of NYTM and celebrate our diversity.
- Deepen a relationship with non-profits that promote civic engagement through technology.
- Enhance relationships with educational institutions to increase opportunities for students, developers, and entrepreneurs.
Participation – Engagement with Government,
- Hold political forums inquiring how candidates for elected office will affect the NYTM community.
- Use our 501(c)6 status to be THE VOICE of NY Tech startups in the City and throughout the State. Develop policy and legislation to support OUR VOICE.
- Erode the barriers that impede our ownership of democracy by advocating government data through live feeds, not dumps.
- Develop an advisory board that promotes civic engagement through technology.
- Seek opportunities that foster entrepreneurship through tax incentives and innovation credits.
- Highlight entrepreneurs who incorporate government datasets into their businesses and applications. Let’s show the world the value of free and open government data.
Innovation – Let’s innovate a future, together!
- Put an end to the year old blank “about” page on NYTM.org. Let us make our principles known and let us invent the future we want to see.
- Develop an “open for questions” section where board members can interact directly with meetup members in an open and transparent platform.
- Encourage “office hours” for executive and community board members.
- Publish NYTM board meeting notes on NYTM.org.
I’d love to have your feedback. Please leave your comments below.