Things you should know about noneck.
- He is the Director of Technology Innovation for the New York State Senate.
- He has traveled around the world exploring open societies. Most recently, he traveled to Iraq to meet with civil society and Government minsters.
- He is constantly thinking how our tax dollars can be used here and how we can make better use of our tax dollars around the world.
- He has been organizing unconferences since 2006 and organized the first unconference in a Government State house.
- In 2006, he cofounded the first coworking in NYC at The Change You Want to See in Brooklyn, and is a member of New Work City.
- There’s a wikileak about him.
- He was a NYC Taxi Cab driver.
- He started the NYC Drupal users group.
- He has helped pioneer Open Government initiatives at the NY State Senate and is an advisor to Digital Democracy, Civic Commons and is a co-founder of the Open NY Forum.
I work at the intersection of politics, community, technology and art. I am an advocate for free and open government data, open source software, open communities, free culture, dutch utility bicycles and transparent government; established global leader in progressive political and technology communities; Eagle Scout. I volunteer my time to be on the board of advisors for Digital Democracy, a non-profit in New York City, OʼRiellyʼs Government 2.0 Summit and Expo, and US National Building Museum iCities. I am an organizer of New Yorkʼs only meetup dedicated to open government, the Open New York Forum.
In 2000, I joined an online/offline vintage scooter community where everyone was known by aliases. This is where noneck was born.