Things you should know about noneck.
- He is the Director of Technology Innovation for the New York State Senate.
- He hasÂ traveled around the world exploring open societies. Most recently, he traveled to Iraq to meet with civil society and Government minsters.
- He is constantly thinking how our tax dollars can be used here and how we can make better use of our tax dollars around the world.
- He has been organizing unconferences since 2006 and organized the first unconference in a Government State house.
- In 2006, he cofounded the first coworking in NYC at The Change You Want to See in Brooklyn, and is a member of New Work City.
- There’s a wikileak about him.
- He was a NYC Taxi Cab driver.
- He started the NYC Drupal users group.
- He has helped pioneer Open Government initiatives at the NY State Senate and is an advisor to Digital Democracy, Civic Commons and is a co-founder of the Open NY Forum.
I work at the intersection of politics, community, technology and art. I am an advocate for free and open government data, open source software, open communities, free culture, dutch utility bicycles and transparent government; established global leader in progressive political and technology communities; Eagle Scout. I volunteer my time to be on the board of advisors for Digital Democracy, a non-profit in New York City, OÊ¼RiellyÊ¼s Government 2.0 Summit and Expo, and US National Building Museum iCities. I am an organizer of New YorkÊ¼s only meetup dedicated to open government, the Open New York Forum.
In 2000, I joined an online/offline vintage scooter community where everyone was known by aliases. This is where noneck was born.
On the nets
Resume in PDF
Noneck on Twitter
Noneck on Facebook
Noneck on Flickr
Noneck on Tumblr